Wound Care and Management Workshop Course Content:
This course is an update session on the care and management of wounds common in nursing homes and elderly people.
This workshop aims to develop clear understanding on assessment and management of wound using different strategies available in the company.
- Applied anatomy and physiology of the normal skin
- Legal and professional responsibilities
- Accountability and individual duties
- Types of wounds
- Pressure Ulcers grading
- Infection Control issues
- Complete assessment of wound
- Deciding the correct dressings to use
- Reporting and escalating any concerns
- Documentation and Safeguarding issues
- Monitoring wound progress – healing and deterioration
- Wound referral for further opinion and further management
- Scenario and group works