This Conflict Management training course is designed to practice conflict resolution skills through a range of scenarios, candidates will learn non-physical diffusion and de-escalation techniques for challenging behaviour.
The Conflict Management training course clearly sets out the legal and statutory requirements for colleague’s personal safety. This course is accredited by NFPS (National Federation of Personal Safety) a global leading industry expert of this subject. The certificate is accepted within the Health and Social sector including the NHS Trust.
The greatest challenge is to maintain safety and harmony whilst providing safe and therapeutic environments thus conflict management and resolution is the line of first response. The below contents will be covered during the delivery of conflict management and resolution training:
• The difference between Anger, Violence and Aggression
• Kaplan and Wheeler
• Eye Accessing Cues
• The national decision model
• Positive Behaviour management
• Conflict management scenario based workshop
On completion delegates will receive an NFPS level 2 certificate and will be able to:
• Describe the common causes of conflict.
• Describe forms of communication.
• Describe communication model that may be used to assist in resolving conflict.
• Describe patterns of behaviour that may be evident within a conflict situation.
• Describe the use of distance in a conflict situation.
• Describe different methods for dealing with conflict situations.
• Describe avoidance strategies.
• Describe and utilize certain distraction techniques, including the power of voice.
On completion delegates will be able to recognise different aspects of conflict that they may encounter and to raise awareness and provide an understanding of the different methods that can be employed in helping to resolve a challenging situation.
Delegates will receive an NFPS level 2 certificate in conflict management and resolution in